2021 Concacaf Gold Cup: USA vs Martinique - Starting XI, Lineup Notes, TV Channels & Start Time
July 15, 2021
Children’s Mercy Park; Kansas City, Kan.
Live Broadcast: Coverage begins at 9:30 p.m. ET on FS1, UniMás & TUDN
Kickoff: 10 p.m. ET
Social Media: @USMNT on Twitter and Instagram; @ussoccer on Facebook , The U.S. Soccer App
• Tonight’s Starting XI has an average age of 23 years, 85 days, and also averages five caps.
• Gregg Berhalter makes seven changes from the Starting XI that faced Haiti on Sunday. The four holdovers are goalkeeper Matt Turner and defenders Shaq Moore, Miles Robinson and Walker Zimmerman.
• Forward Matthew Hoppe will make his USMNT debut tonight. The 46th different player to earn a first cap under Gregg Berhalter, Hoppe will play his first match as a professional in front of fans after playing behind closed doors throughout last season with Schalke in the German Bundesliga.
• Hoppe partners up top with Daryl Dike who makes his second start tonight. Dike tallied in his first start, providing the second goal in the USA’s 4-0 win against Costa Rica on June 9 in Sandy, Utah.
• Defender Reggie Cannon (hamstring tendonitis) and forward Paul Arriola (hamstring tightness) have been held out of the matchday squad.
• Veteran defender Walker Zimmerman captains the USMNT for the first time tonight. The Nashville SC center back is the 13th different player to wear the armband under Gregg Berhalter.
• After making his USMNT debut during the 7-0 win vs. Trinidad and Tobago on Jan. 31, left back George Bello earns his first start tonight. A dual-national eligible for the USA and Nigeria, once the opening whistle blows the 19-year-old will be officially cap-tied to the USMNT.
• After making their USMNT debut on Sunday night, Gianluca Busio, James Sands and Eryk Williamson also earn their first starts.
• At 19 years, 48 days, Busio is the second youngest USMNT player to start a Gold Cup match. He comes in behind only Juan Agudelo, who started his first match in the tournament at 18 years, 196 days on June 7, 2011 vs. Canada in Detroit.
• Cristian Roldan is the lone player in the Starting XI to previously play against Martinique. The Seattle Sounders midfielder actually earned his USMNT debut against Les Matinino during the Gold Cup group stage on July 12, 2017 in Tampa. Roldan, who was also eligible to represent El Salvador and Guatemala, was cap-tied to the USMNT with that appearance.
• After winning Insiders Man of the Match honors on Sunday night, Shaq Moore starts a second-straight match for the first time in his USMNT career.